Are you ready to throw down your picks for a chance to win a big screen tv? Cravello Insurance Services has a brand new big screen awaiting our Grand Prize champ! Fancy your chance to pick up a gift certificate for a taste of the west at the coolest joint in town? Weekly winners take home a $25 gift certificate to enjoy at Cool Hand Lukes! Or perhaps you’re just cheering on your favorite “local celebrity” to win that big shiny trophy for display in their office! Join the fun for one week or every week, it’s totally up to YOU!
Cravello Insurance Services
411 E. Betteravia Road., Ste. 102
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Open 9-5 Monday – Thursday
Cool Hand Lukes
1321 South Nicholson Ave.
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Inside/Outside Dining, Curbside Pickup and Delivery Available.
Sun – Thurs: 11 am – 9 pm
Fri – Sat: 11 am – 9:30 pm
Aside from the “general play” rules listed on the lower portion of this page, we have “the legal stuff”. We know you’re all just here for some good natured smack talk and FUN! Buuuut, in the event someone tries to “pee in the pool” and ruin the fun for all…
Let’s have some FUN.
League ID: 33646
““WINNING is not everything–but making the EFFORT to win is.”
GENERAL PLAY RULES
- Each player picks a manager-configured number of games for the week, straight up. Points are awarded for each correct pick (a win is worth 1). If the game ends in a tie, 1/2 the assigned point value is awarded. The player with the most points at the end of the season wins bragging rights! The local celebrity (those invited into the studio to share their picks) with the highest point total, wins annual custody of the Pickin Pros in Our Town Trophy (please note, the trophy is NOT THE GRAND PRIZE)
- Each week there will be one “tie-breaker game” where you will be guessing the total points scored in that game. This is used to break ties during the week for any weekly prizes. A running total is also kept of your tie-breakers.
- You must have your football game picks in before the start of the first game for the week. After you submit your picks, you can edit them provided: 1) the league’s configured deadline has not past, 2) the configured grace period has not elapsed, 3) a game has not started that you already picked.
- If you do not get your picks submitted before an early game (such as a Thursday game), you can still submit picks provided the configured league deadline is sometime after the game.
WEEKLY PRIZE ($25 gift certificate to Cool Hand Lukes) goes to the player with the highest point total FOR THAT GIVEN WEEK. Only the current week’s tally is calculated for this. It does not include the running highest seasonal point total.
GRAND PRIZE (big screen tv) EXCLUDES TOTAL POINTS STANDINGS:
EACH WEEKLY WINNER WILL EARN ONE ENTRY INTO THE FINAL GRAND PRIZE DRAWING FOR A BIG SCREEN TV (courtesy of Cravello Insurance Services). Please note that if an individual wins multiple weeks during the season, they will still only gain ONE entry into the grand prize drawing.
IF needed to determine weekly prize winner
1) Best tie-breaker for the week
2) Best strength of victory for the week
3) Best overall winning %
4) Best total tie-breakers
IF needed to determine “local celebrity guests” end of season winner: Final Standings, Total Points (Trophy winner)
1) Best overall winning %
2) Best overall strength of victory
3) Best total tie-breakers
- All prizes must be picked up within (30) thirty days of the date won (unless otherwise notified) at American General Media business offices located at 2325 Skyway Dr. Suite J, Santa Maria, CA 93455 during normal business hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 5:30PM) with proper identification.
- Winners can not send a representative to claim their prize(s).
- Contest prize(s) will not be mailed.
- A standard release form must be signed to claim prize(s) by winners or their representative. All prize(s) may be subject to an IRS 1099 form and winner must provide a valid Social Security Number. All taxes for prize(s) that are subject to IRS taxation, payment of that tax is the responsibility of the winner(s). Winners of grand prize(s) are required to complete affidavits of eligibility and a station release form in order to receive that grand prize(s).
- No prize substitution will be made and prize(s) are not transferable.
- All winners agree that neither American General Media, Our Town, nor any other participating sponsor will be liable for any injury that may occur in connection with winner’s acceptance of any contest prize(s).